Open the brackets and use the proper tense.
1. When he (arrive), I (live) in London for a week.
2. We (read) while he (eat).
3. When Jack (phone) me, I (write) a letter.
4. When my friend (come), I (do) an exercise for an hour.
5. The library (close) by the time I (get) there.
6. I (drive) when I (hear) the news on the radio.
7. They always (have) loud parties which (go on) till early hours.
8. We (walk) for some hours before we (realize) that we (close) our way.
9. No sooner I (complain) that I (not hear) from them for a long time than the letter (come).
10. The concert was a great success. When the pianist (finish) his part, the audience (applaud) the orchestra for some minutes.